6-12 Move to Full Distance Learning
- Following the guidance from Governor Walz, the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) and the Minnesota Department of Education (MDE), we are making the difficult decision to close our secondary hybrid program and transition to full distance learning after Friday, November 20, for students in grades 6-12.
- Here is the schedule for the week of Thanksgiving (November 23-27):
- Teachers will post one asynchronous (recorded) lesson for each class period (Hours 1-7) by 9 a.m. Monday morning. Students will be able to work through each of the 7 lessons at their own pace.
- Synchronous (live) morning meetings will take place on both Monday and Tuesday from 9-9:20 a.m.
- Teacher office hours will still take place on Tuesday from 1:40-2:40 p.m.
- We are working to update and make adjustments to our school schedule with the shift to full distance learning. An updated schedule will be shared with all families next week that will go into effect beginning Monday, November 30. The updated schedule will also be posted on our website.
- PAG usually provides a meal for the staff during conferences, but with conferences being virtual this year, we were unable to do that. Instead, we will be providing a meal during in-person classes next week. Usually, our amazing RMS families donate food, but due to COVID-19, it must be catered. This is a much bigger expense so if you are able to help us please consider donating money to PAG.
- You can donate via PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can send money into the school labeled as PAG staff meal. Thank you for helping us thank our amazing staff! We would also like to thank Local Roots and Sandy’s Tavern for their discounted delicious food.
- We are looking for creative ideas to plan virtual events To connect RMS students and staff. If you have ideas and can help plan, please contact Jodi at email@example.com.
- Good news! RMS T-shirts are in and were distributed to hybrid students this week. For those who are distance learners, details will be coming on how you can pick up your child’s shirt.
- Mark your calendar for the November 17 Cafe Zupas Fundraiser. Please see the flyer below for details. The flyer is not needed, just mention RMS to the cashier. Online orders also count!