RMS Spotlight on Equity
- RMS school counselors are actively working to create a safe and welcoming environment for every student. We want students of all races and ethnicities to feel safe, heard and seen at RMS. This year we are offering affinity groups in an effort to provide a safe space for students of the same race to get together, voice and talk about issues related to the race in which they identify. We plan to use student experiences as a springboard for change in making our school more equitable. Affinity groups will be led by a staff member of the same racial identity and meet virtually in the afternoon.
- In the upcoming weeks, students will learn more about the affinity group offerings and have the opportunity to sign up through their advisory classes. We plan to provide updates at the end of each month in the parent bulletin. We also plan to provide opportunities for parents to share their experiences, feedback and input as well. Look for more information in the upcoming bulletins!!
- While we are still in the planning phase of our affinity groups, we are always happy to answer any questions or concerns.
RMS Virtual Support Space
- Check out the RMS Virtual Support Space, a website put together by RMS support staff to provide asynchronous emotional support for students. The site is full of information, tips, coping strategies, motivational videos, relaxing sounds, music, movement breaks and more!
November 2-6 School Schedule
- All classes will be holding synchronous (live) sessions Wednesday-Friday this week.
- Monday, November 2, and Tuesday, November 3, there is no school
- November 4-6:
- This will be a “B” week.
- We will run our distance learning schedule with hours 1-3 on Wednesday, hours 4-5 on Thursday, and hours 6-7 on Friday.
- SYNCHRONOUS (LIVE) lessons and/or assessments will be posted for hours 1-7.
- Synchronous (live) morning meetings will take place for advisory classes on Wednesday-Friday.
Homeroom at Hope
- Is your child in need of a nice, quiet place to get stuff done? Richfield middle and high school students are welcome to Homeroom at Hope! All of the details and registration information is below:
- IMPORTANT: If you want to come to HOMEROOM but you do not have a ride, don't worry! Transportation can be arranged! Contact Darby below.
- WHERE: Hope Church, 7132 Portland Ave. S - Door 2
- WHEN: Thursday Mornings! Check-in at 8:50 a.m. Stay until noon.
- Socially distant learning space to get your work done!
- Breakfast and lunch
- Internet access
- Homework help and tutoring as requested!
- WHO: RMS and RHS Students and your YL leaders
- Questions and Information: Contact Darby at the Young Life Office at 612-751-8126.
- We are holding a virtual book fair! Shop at Scholastic.com. RMS will use all proceeds to purchase books for the school! This link will be open until November 8.
- Many of our staff have books they would love for their classrooms. If you are able to purchase one please look here. See the description for details on how to order and pay. Thank you for supporting the RMS staff!
- Many of our staff are reading books on Schoology. Your students should be getting messages regarding this. We encourage you and your students to check it out!
- We are looking for someone to coordinate a special meal for the RMS staff. If you can help please contact Jodi at email@example.com
- We are looking for creative ideas for virtual events to connect RMS students and staff. If you have ideas and can help plan, please contact Jodi at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thank you to everyone who purchased from MN Brands for Good. The contest winners will be announced next week. We are excited to use these funds to fulfill staff wish list items. More details to come.
- Good news- RMS T-shirts’ are in! They will be distributed the week of November 9. For students who are in the hybrid program, shirts will be sent home with your child. For those who are distance, details will be coming on how you can pick up your child's shirt.