Full Distance Learning Updates
- RMS will officially move to full distance learning beginning Monday, November 30. This includes all students who are receiving special education services.
- Based on feedback from families, students and staff we have modified our weekly schedule.
- You can access the new schedule on our web page. The key changes/updates are outlined below:
- All class periods (1-7) will now meet twice a week for 45 minutes.
- Asynchronous lessons will no longer be used unless a teacher is absent.
- All students will have a common advisory day on Wednesday morning.
- All students will have a morning meeting with their advisory teacher from 9-9:20 a.m. each day.
- Staff office hours will now be three times a week.
- Ten minute breaks have been built into the schedule after each class
- “A” classes will now meet Monday/Tuesday and “B” classes will meet Thursday/Friday each week.
- Advisory teachers will be reviewing the new schedule and helping students create their own schedule this week.
- Advisory rosters have been modified to ensure balanced class sizes.
- Students who receive special education and/or EL services will have an advisory with their case manager or EL teacher.
- Students and parents/guardians will be notified next week whether or not their advisory teacher will be changing.
Thank you for your continued feedback, support, understanding and flexibility. Please know that the success of ALL students is our number one priority at RMS. We know there have been many changes and unknowns this year and we can’t thank you enough for your partnership!
Please do not hesitate to reach out to your child’s advisory teacher with any questions or concerns.