Due to lowering COVID-19 case rates and updated guidance from the state, we are able to expand our in-person instructional time with students at the secondary level. Effective Thursday, April 8, RMS students enrolled in the hybrid program will be attending school four days per week. This change means there will be a new student schedule for both distance learning students as well as hybrid students.
Because we will no longer have small, contained pods of students, it is essential that we use seating charts in every class, as well as on buses and at lunch. In the event that an individual tests positive for COVID-19, this will allow us to identify those students/staff who were in close contact with that individual. We will also continue to enforce our face covering policy and follow other safety protocols recommended in the state guidance for safe schools.
Please note: If your child will be out sick, whether they are in the distance learning program or the hybrid program, please contact our attendance line at 612-798-6405.
- Class size: How many students will be in each classroom?
- How are you tracking student movement to minimize exposure?
- HVAC: What ventilation or filtration systems will be in place? Will windows be open?
- What changed that makes it safe to have students in buildings now?
- What will happen if the COVID-19 case rates rise again?
- How will the district conduct contact tracing and determine who needs to quarantine?
- COVID-19 information in RPS: Current case rates, past communication archive, videos and resources
- Student Face Covering Policy: Official board policy
- Online Learning: Information on platforms, video conference guidelines and more
- Technology: Device repair, District apps, stolen device, etc.
- Student Support Services: Need support? Find your school counselor, outreach worker or other student support professionals
- Free saliva testing locations and home testing kits
- Tips and Resources for Children and Parents During COVID-19
- Decision tree for people with COVID-19 symptoms (Somali) (Spanish)
- What to do if you're waiting for COVID-19 test results
- What to do if you've had close contact with a person with COVID-19
Our mission is to ensure every child learns, grows and excels. We remain as committed to this as ever during these challenging times.
Superintendent Steven Unowsky